The philosophy of our Sunday Church School Program is based on a Christocentric approach, which prepares the students with principles of the Orthodox Faith, encouraging them to grow in God’s Service. Our program builds a solid foundation for the children of our community through exemplary lessons in the Teaching and Worship Practices of the Greek Orthodox Christian Faith. Sunday Church school is open to all children and young adults. Please contact the Church Office to enroll your children in our Sunday Church School.
Guide for Parents
- Sunday Church School begins immediately following Communion.
- Be consistent and attend Church regularly.
- Visit the classroom and meet with the teacher to see what lessons your child is learning so that lesson material can be re-enforced at home; ask your child if they have any special handouts from the teacher.
- See that your child comes to class prepared with books, homework assignments etc.
- Practice the faith at home, observe fast days and schedule family prayer time. Children are great imitators; what they see you do, you will see them do.
- Be realistic in setting your goals as you grow in the Faith. God will always provide more than you will ever need, but you need to be willing and ready to be called and to follow Him in every aspect of your life.
- Do not feel alone, or overwhelmed, but turn to Him in prayer at all times. Stand Firm in Holy Tradition and Be Well In Faith.
The Greek Orthodox Youth Association (GOYA) is a ministry dedicated to junior high and high school grade Orthodox Christian teenagers. The mission and goal of GOYA ministry is to lead our young people into experiencing the Orthodox Faith. We encourage our youth to Be the Bee to learn more about their Orthodox faith
HOPE (Hellenic Orthodox Primary Education) is a ministry for children in grades K-2nd. JOY (Junior Orthodox Youth) is a ministry for children grades 3rd-5th. The mission and goal of the Hope & Joy ministry is to lead our children into experiencing the Holy Orthodox Faith, creating strong bonds with their Orthodox friends and building the foundation of our Orthodox faith through worship, fellowship and service.